Pigs in Blankets
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 9 cooked mini frankfurters
- 1 egg, beaten
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- Roll the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface into a 12″ / 30 cm square, then cut into 9 smaller squares. Brush lower half of each square with mustard, put a sausage on top, and roll into the pastry, pressing seams to seal.
- Cut each roll into thirds. Put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400° F / 200° C. Bake for 25 mins, until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.